Finding a social media management agency that is right for your business & your brand
There’s no denying that social media marketing has quickly become one of the best ways for businesses to reach their audience. In 2016 there were 2.34 billion active social network users. According to Statista, that number is projected to rise to 2.67 billion in 2018. If your business doesn’t have some type of presence online, you are virtually (and therefore literally) invisible.
But what does this mean for someone who doesn’t have the time or know-how to become active on social media? Well, that’s where social media management agencies come in. While many agencies offer the same things like, weekly posts and monthly reports, not all achieve the same goal. This is why it’s important to find the right company for you.
Finding the right fit can be a daunting task. It can be hard to know where to even start when considering the different agencies out there. That’s why we have provided you with a few tips on some things you should consider:
1. The agency’s knowledge on your business – it’s really important that the agency takes the time to research you and your brand. Without having any knowledge on what it is your business does, or the type of audience you are trying to reach, it’s going to be tough for the agency to develop content that fits your brand.
2. How the agency runs its daily operations – if you find that the company outsources the majority of their social media marketing, then you have a right to be cautious. This could indicate that there are not experts in-house or that there are not enough staff to properly meet their clients’ needs.
3. The length of time it takes for them to get back to you – if you are left hanging on an email or they don’t return your call in a timely-manner, it’s pretty safe to say that there could be some time management issues going forward. Make sure that your business gets the attention it deserves, right from the start.
4. How the agency represents themselves online – while every brand is different, you still want to make sure that the agency you choose to work with represents themselves well online. It wouldn’t make sense to work with an agency that has sloppy work, spelling mistakes, and/or bad reviews. Make sure that you check them out first and see what they are all about too.
5. Can you picture yourself getting along with this agency (long-term) – as silly as this may seem, it’s important to envision what it would be like working alongside this agency before you jump right in. They are going to be the people who help you grow your brand online. You will want to have a good working relationship with them! If upon initial contact you don’t have warm-fuzzy feelings, that’s a pretty good indication that this agency might not be right for you.
In the end, what you want is an agency that is going to going to be committed to developing content, generating leads, and meeting whatever goals you may have, in a way that fits your brand. Social media is a great way to grow your business, but only if it’s done in the right way.